Wholesome Mouth watering Burger
(With home made Tikki /patty )Sweet potato fries
4 Ingredient Patties
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 2 small Carrots
- 15 piece Beans
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 1 Green Chilly
- 1-2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- Red Chilly
- 1/4 cup Cabbage fine chop
- Vegan Cashew Mayonnaise ( *For full recipe scroll down in sauce and dip section)
- Bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds OR
- 10-15 Roasted Lotus seed’s ( makhana ) powder for gluten free options
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds for gluten-free options
Veggies for filling in the burger
- Onion slices ( *caramelized (roasted )/ raw )
- Cucumber slices
- Tomato rings
- Lettuce leaf
Sourdough Burger buns
- Big size cabbage leaves
- Wash all the veggies by rubbing them well and do not peel the skin of potato and carrot.Steam or boil the veggies them with the skin.
- Once all the veggies steamed, mash them and add salt, chilly powder and green coriander.Mix well and make a big round ball.
If opting gluten free option / fasting patty
- Roast the lotus seeds ( makhana)let them cool down.Grind to make the powder.
- In a flat plate spread the bread crumbs or lotus seed powder and sesame seeds.
- Wrap the patty in this powder on both the sides, to make it strong and round.
- Press the patty with you hand to make flat tikki/ patty.
- Grease a pan and place all the patties, roast them on both the sides.
- Assembling and making the burger
- Fine chopped cabbage + cashew cheese.
- In a bowl pour some cheese and ad the cabbage, mix well and keep aside.
- Slice and dry roast the burger bun.
- Spread 1-2 tbs of coleslaw over the bottom half of the bun.
- Place the roasted patty , spread tomato ketchup (*recipe in sauce and dip section)
- Now arrange onion rings, sliced tomatoes, cucumber slices and a big lettuce leaf.
- Spread green chutney inside the top half of the burger bun.
- Add avocado slices for extra creaminess.
- Close the burger and tuck the cocktail stick (tooth pick) to hold every thing together.Voila!
Making of Cabbage burger
- Steam the water in the steaming pot and switch off the heat.
- Now add 2 full cabbage leaves in the upper steaming pot ( not in the water)
- Close the lid, let it be for 3-5 minutes.
- They should not become soft, this step take out the rawness of the cabbage.
- Use this cabbage as a top and bottom bun.
- Cut the round shape with the help of scissors.
- Rest is same. Enjoy.
Sweet potato fries
- Wash and steam the sweet potatoes.
- Slice in the shape of fries with the skin.
- Steam then till they remain firm (5-6 min)
- Grease a pan and roast the fries on all sides.
- Sprinkle salt and red chilly powder.
️Wait for the compliments and appreciation after so much work.
️For gluten-free option
Replace the burger buns with two cabbage leaves.