Wholesome Minestrone Soup
Dairy-free & oil-free
- 4 Tomatoes (3 blend+1 chopped)
- 1 Carrot
- 5-6 French beans
- 0.5 stick Celery
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Onion
- 3-4 Basil leaves
Spices & herbs
- 0.5 tbsp Oregano or as per taste
- 0.5 tbsp Basil or as per taste
- Salt & pepper as per taste
Choice of pasta - 4-5 piece
- (I am using quinoa pasta) 1/4 cup cooked cannellini beans / black eye beans
- Basil leavesVegan cheese( optional)
- Chop all the veggies
Prepare the vegetable stock
- Boil the water, add all the vegetable waste, cook for 7-8 minutes—strain & use.C
- Cook the beans & pasta keep them aside.
Making of soup
- In a deep saucepan, dry roast the garlic, onion & celery
- Once they look slightly brown, add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once tomatoes shrink a bit, pour the blended tomato paste.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the saucepan mix well.
Now, throw the vegetables & dry herbs in the saucepan. Add salt & pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes at low heat so that every mix together.
Add in cooked beans & pasta, cook for 1 more minute.
Garnish with basil leaves & choice of cheese.
- Serve hot.
Calories- for 2 bowls
- 4 Tomatoes (350gm) - 63 cal
- 1 Carrot ( 75 gm) - 30 cal
- French Beans (25 gm) - 8 cal
- 1/4 cup Black eat beans -32 cal
- Quinoa pasta - 15 cal