Warming Herbal tea (aka Kahwa)
Tea/coffee substitute A warm tea to sip on winter days / throughout the year. Rich in antioxidants. Stress buster It helps to improve metabolism.
- 500 ml water ( 2-3 cups)
- 1 tbsp green tea of choice (I am adding Japanese Sencha tea)
- 1 tbsp of fresh coarsely grounded cardamom powder
- 1-2 tbsp saffron water
- 4-5 pieces of cloves
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder / 2-3 pieces of cinnamon bark Optional ( If you want to enjoy a taste of Arabic Qahwa)
- 1-2 tbsp of coffee beans (I am adding illy coffee beans, medium roast, 100% Arabica)
- Heat the water in a kettle/pan.Add all the spices & tea to the infuser.(I am using a glass brewing teapot)️Fill the teapot with boiling water.Let it seep for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy this refreshing & comforting herbal tea and dissolve in it.
- If you want to make it in the panHeat the water, and let it boil Add all the spices.let the water simmer for 3-4 minutes.Switch off the heat.
- Add the green tea o the pan and stir gently.
- You can cover the pan with a lid to keep it warm.Strain the kahwa into cups using a tea strainer. Use saffron strands after soaking them in water as it's warm in nature.You can keep them in the water and store them in the refrigerator.
I drink this tea throughout the year but with a bit of variation. Summer months - Sencha/ green tea + cardamom powder + cinnamon Winter months - Sencha/green tea + cardamom powder + cinnamon + cloves + saffron water