Super easy & yummy Ginger Bread Cookies
- 1/4 Cup coconut butter
- 1/4 Cup date paste/ dates+*jaggery for the sharp taste
- *3 tbs blackstrap molasses
- 1 flax/chia egg (1tbs flax powder/chia+ 3tbs water)
- 1.5 almond meal
- 1/3 Cup coconut flour
- 1/4 Cup rolled oats for dusting
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 1/4 tsp allspice mixed powder (optional)
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven at 350 F/180 C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Mixing the wet ingredients
- In a small bowl, add chia/flax powder, add hot water, stir and keep it aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a mixing bowl and add, ready egg, butter, and molasses whisk to combine.
Mixing the wet and dry ingredients.
- Add almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, and salt to the food processor.
- Pulse several times and add the wet mixture.
- The batter will be a bit sticky.
Flour a surface and your hands generously, transfer the cookie dough on the prepared surface.
- Roll the dough into a ball by adding flour, roll out with a rolling pin.
- It should be 1/4 inch thick; cut out the gingerbread man or the shape you like the most.
Dip the cookie cutter in the flour each time to not stick.
- Shift all the gingerbread cookies to the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until it looks golden around the edges.
- Please watch them after 10-11 minutes, depending upon the oven.
- Remove the cookies from the tray and place them on the cooling rack.
- Once cooled, enjoy them
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.