Rich Creamy Mushroom Soup
️Ingredients (2 soup bowl)
- 125 gm mushroom (4 big buttons)
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 10 overnight/5-6hrs soaked almonds with skin
- 2 small garlic cloves / 1 big
- 1 tbsp Onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cup cup stock water
- Fine chopped coriander
- Cooked slices of mushroom
- Chop the onion, garlic & coriander.
- Slice the mushrooms
- Dry roast the flour
️Prepare the stock/ vegetable broth)
- If in a rush use plain drinking water.
- (Heat the water, add washed Vegetable waste like Broccoli & cauliflower stem , beans, green pea pods & add 1 bay leaf. Cook for 5-10 minutes, and strain)
️Cooking the soup
- Dry roast the fine chopped onion, garlic & bay leaf in a deep saucepan.
- Add the mushrooms & cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Take out the 1/4 cup cooked mushroom & keep aside.
️Blend the wheat flour with 1/4 cup stock water.
- Pour it in the saucepan.
- Cook the mixture at low flame for 2-3 more minutes.
- Mix well with the wooden spatula, as it might start curdling.
️Prepare the almond milk-
- Blend the almonds with little stock water, to make the smooth & creamy milk.
️Add 1/4 cup of saved, cooked mushrooms to the blender over the milk , blend again, till you get the creamy texture.
- Add this thick mixture to the saucepan, mix well.
- Now pour in rest of the stock water.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaf before serving.
️Garnish with chopped coriander & sliced/ chopped mushroom.
️For garnishing, either pick up 2-3 mushroom from the saucepan/ spare the mushroom slices in the beginning, and cook them separately.
- Serve hot!
Calories ( 2 soup bowls)
- 125 gm mushroom (4 big buttons)-28cal
- 2tbs whole wheat flour-52 cal
- 10 almonds -69 cal
- Total 155 calories approx