Protein rich Yummy & Crispy Baked falafel
Super easy and versatile️You can make wrap with them️You can add them in salad️You can eat as it is.️Rich source of protein and fiber
- 2 Cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Himalayan salt / as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tbsp cinnamon powder Optional add 2tbs of coconut butter or olive oil.They become very hard without any fat.
Greasing and patting
- 2 tbsp coconut butter/olive/avocado oil for the greasing abd parting butter on the ready falafel
- 1/4 Cup ready tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 big lemon juice
- 1/4 tbsp fine sea salt
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 4-6 tbsp water or as per need.
- Red bell pepper
- Tahini sauce
- Lemon juice
- Salt, red chilly flacked
- Roasted cumin powder
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients other then butter/oil.
- Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C
- Using your hands, scoop out around 2tbd of the mixture at a time.
- Shape the falafel into small patties.
- ⚠️Now take butter/ oil in your fingers/ hands and tap on all the falafel on both sides.
- It will give you crunchy and crispy falafel.(Otherwise they become very hard to bite)
- Arrange them on the baking tray with parchment paper on.Or if the baking tray is new, you can grease the tray and arrange them directly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Flip the falafels after 10 minutes, and bake until the falafels looks golden on both the sides.
- Add everything in a bowl and mix really well/ blend , it should look like a creamy, liquid kind of sauce/ dip.
- Sprinkle salt and chilly powder (optional)and a small squeeze of lemon to the veggies.
- Spread the hummus at the base of the wrap, sprinkle a pinch of roasted cumin powder and place two falafel and then arrange all the veggies and jalapeño.
- Add Green chutney and tahini sauce at the top of veggies.
- Reheat them if you like the crispy wrap.
- Serve with extra hummus and salad with tahini sauce.
These falafels remain fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3- 4 days
You can always reheat and use them.