Protein rich crunchy Savory trail mix
Any time easy snacking️Pack them for work & travels.️Rich in protein & vitamins.️Great with evening tea
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts ( break in to 2 -3 pieces)
- 1/2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp organic tamari sauce
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tbsp cayenne pepper or as per taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Natural salt as per taste
Crispy spicy roasted chick peas/ green peas
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1-2 tbsp coconut butter or olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp natural salt
- Spices like chili powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, or other choice of spices and herbs.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl & toss well to mix.
- There are two ways to make the trail mix-1- In the ovenPlace a parchment paper in the baking tray & spread the mixture over it.Bake them in a pre heated oven at 155 degreeC for about 15-20 minutes.Please must put an alarm for 5 minutes, shift/stir them well.Keep an eye as they burn quickly, we need to bake them evenly on all sides.Let them cool down completely.Store in an airtight glass container.
- 2- In the dehydratorSpred them on the silicon sheets and set up the temperature at 40-50 C for 18-24 hours.They will become crispy and crunch & they are still RAW.Store in an airtight glass container as they tend to get soften in no time.
️Crispy spicy roasted chick peas/ green peas
- Drain the chick peas very well.
- Pat the chickpeas till they look very dry with paper towels.
- They should feel dry to touch, leave them to air-dry for a few minutes.
- Place a parchment paper on the baking sheet, spread the chickpeas evenly.
- Drizzle the oil or rub the coconut butter on the chickpeas & sprinkle with the salt.
- Mix with your hands or a spatula to make sure the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Roast/ bake at 180 C
- Stirring the chickpeas or shaking the pan every 10 minutes.
- They will be done in 20 to 30 minutes total.
- Sprinkle the spices if using over the chickpeas and stir to coat evenly after 15 minutes and then bake/ roast again.
- Serve while the chickpeas are still warm and crispy.
Store in an airtight container. Follow the same recipe for the green peas.