Protein rich Amaranth (Rajgira) porridge
with berry chia sauce/jam , Super food , ️ Gluten free️ ,Fiber rich ️ sugar free
- 1/4 cup Organic amaranth
- 1/4 cup Dried mulberries or as per taste
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk/nut milk or as per taste
- 1 tbsp Coconut butter
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- lemon juice
- lemon rind (organic)
- Pine seed or seeds of choice
- chia seds
- Berry jam (optional )
- Sugar substitute like maple syrup/date paste or as per choice.
Soaking a night before
- Wash the amaranth well and soak overnight in 1-2 cup of drinking water.
- Add few drops of lemon juice to it.
- *(Acidic lemon juice break down the anti-nutrients in the grain and the minerals are released making them digestible)
- Cook the amaranth at medium heat in deep vessel, along with the soaking water.(if amaranth is non organic then use fresh water)
- Once it start looking cooked ( about 15-20 minutes) and slimy pour the milk.
- Let it mix well and cook for few more minutes.
- Add in the butter mix well.
- Pour into serving bowl. garnish with chia seeds and rest of the seeds.
- Or with berry chia sauce and the seeds.
- Drizzle sweetener of choice over it.
️ Berry chia sauce
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen berries of choice
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Squeeze of lemon juice
- While porridge is on the burner you can prepare this sauce/jam.
- Steam or cook the berries un till they look soft and cooked.
- If steaming, use a deep bowl and steam the berries in it, you do not wants to loose the beautiful red juicefrom
- Mash them well and add rest of the ingredients.
- Chia will give an instant thick texture, let it cool down for 5-10 minutes.