Penne Arrabbiata aka Red sauce pasta
- 2 cup cooked choice of pasta quinoa / whole wheat/ millet
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup french beans
- 1 cup fresh mushroom
- 1 cup mixed bell pepper *You can also add asparagus or zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp celery
- 1 tsp onion ( optional)
- Fresh basil leaves ( optional )
- 2 cup or more as per choice Arrabbiata sauce (Please check the detailed recipe of the sauce )
Spices & herbs
- Himalayan salt, chilly flacks & cayenne pepper as per taste.
- Sliced olives
- Dairy-free Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Finger-cut the veggies.
- Finely chop the onion, celery, & garlic.
- Prepare the arrabbiata sauce as per the instructions; keep it aside.
- Boil the water (1 liter or more) and add pasta to it.
- Cook till it looks 'al dente' ( "to the tooth"); it should not be overcooked/ mushy.
- Steam all the veggies, keep them firm( undercooked/ half cooked)
Preparing the pasta
- Heat the big broad pan, dry roast the garlic, celery, and onion (optional) cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetables & pasta, mix softly, add all the spices and herbs.
- Cook for a minute.
- Pour ready arrabbiata sauce over it, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Taste the salt & pepper flavors etc.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, basil leaves, and sliced olives.