Quick & easy (5 minutes) 1 ingredientDelicious & creamy milk
- Muslin cloth/ nut milk bag/clean cotton T-shirt
- High-speed blender
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups of drinking water (use less water if you like thick & creamy)
Oat Chocolate smoothie
- 1 cup of oat milk
- 1-2 soaked majdool dates
- 1 tbsp of cocoa/ cacao powder
- 1/4 tbsp of vanilla powder
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Blend well, enjoy
- Quickly wash the oats and add to the blender. Add water and blend the mixture till it seems well combined. Over-blending can make the oat milk slimy in texture( Blend for 30 -40 seconds or a bit more)
- Strain immediately to separate the oat pulp from the milk. Pour the mixture over a mixing bowl/ container covered with a nut milk bag/ muslin cloth. You can strain twice if you see any oat residue.
- Store in a glass bottle/jar and cover with a lid. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- Stay fresh for 4-5 days Shake well whenever you use it. Enjoy COLD DO NOT HEAT, as it will thicken and become Gelatinous in texture. You can add it to the granola/ make smoothies with it. My son adds chocolate-flavored Oat milk to his granola.
Q-1 Why my oat milk looks slimy?
A- 1-Over-blending can make the oat milk slimy in texture (30-45 seconds is enough)
2-Soaking the oats can make them slimy
3-Always quickly wash them and blend.
4-Heating the oat milk can make it slimy too!
Q-2 Can we use the pulp which is left behind?
A- Yes, add it to the roti dough, cookies, cakes, soups, and overnight oats.
An oatmeal bath soak is another option.
Use as a scalp mask for itchy and scaly scalp