Nostalgic Kesar Peda rolls (Vegan)
Nostalgic Kesar Peda rolls Vegan केसर पेड़ा ( बिना दूध और चीनी के)
Sugar & Dairy freeCreamy & delicious
Yield- 30-35 peda rolls
- 1 cup chickpea flour ( Besan)
- 1/4 cup freshly made coconut butter
- 1 or 1/2 cups raisins( as per taste)
- 1 cup soaked cashew/melon seed or 1/2 cup each
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp or more saffron water ( soaked saffron threads in water)
- 1/4 tbsp of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- Dry roast the chickpea flour at slow heat ( 8-10 minutes ).Roast un till it changes color to slightly brown; stir occasionally. Add coconut butter, cook for 3-4 minutes, and mix well.
- In a blender/mixer, add all the ingredients other than garnishing.Blend to make a smooth & creamy paste.
- Mix this paste with the roasted chickpea flour mixture. Mix well, and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes at the slow flame until the mixture starts to leave the edges and looks dry & shiny. Add a little bit more cardamom for more flavor at this stage( optional). (The cooking time can be more /less depending on the stove/ pan)
- Transfer the mixture to a wide plate. Let it cool down for an hour, and transfer it to the refrigerator for 3-4 hrs/ overnight. ( It divides the work into two days)
- Roll the mixture with your hands.Spread the thinly sliced almonds on a plate and roll the peda over it.
- ️Stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you want long shelf life, use dry nuts and seeds.