Mouthwatering Sweet & sour Tamarind ( imli) chutney
Sugar free Preservative & chemical freeRich source of vital Vitamins & IronSuper easy to makeNo cooking
- 1/2 cup Tamarind pulp
- 4 Soaked Soaked dates (more as per taste)
- Pinch of Hing ( asafoetida)
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- Salt & red chilly powder as per taste
- Wash the tamarind & dates very well.
- Soak the tamarind in warm/ room temperature water for 3-4 hrs.
- *If you are in a rush, you can soak in the hot water ( 10-15 minutes)
- Overnight soak the dates in a small amount of fresh water ( 5-6 hours)
Mash the tamarind with the help of a fork/fingers, separate the pulp from fiber & seeds.
Strain it to extract the pulp.
Deseed the dates
- In a mixer/ blender, add tamarind pulp, dates & dry ingredients.
- Add little water, blend till you get a smooth, creamy & thick consistency paste.
Taste it and adjust the salt & sweetness.
I keep it thick & add water when I use it for the dressing ( if I feel the need)
Keep thick if you are eating as a dip.
Store it in a glass container, keep the lid bit open/ loose; this will help in keeping it fresh longer.
It has a long shelf life- a month or more, if you keep it refrigerated.
Enjoy it with fritters, samosa, sandwiches, Dahi vada, add in the chat, eat as it is