Dairy & Sugar-free.(Pick me up drink)
- 8-10 soaked almonds with the skin
- 1-2 soaked Majdool dates
- 1 cup of drinking water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tbsp vanilla powder
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- You can use cocoa/cacao powder as per choice Cocoa will be more delicious and intense
- Soak the almonds overnight Wash them well in the morning.
- Add almonds and water in a powerful blender. Blend until you get the smooth, creamy milk.
- If you want, add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until you get the creamy textured, smooth milk.
- Pour the ready mixture into a pan and heat at low flame; mix well with a spoon.Once it boils, switch off the heat and, add a pinch of salt, mix again.Pour in your choice of mug.
If you like it cold, then add ice to the blender and serve chilled You can choose nuts/ seeds for this drink, like sunflower/ melon seeds/cashew/hazelnuts/ macadamia, etc.
Why do you add salt to sweet drinks/ desserts?
Sweet foods get sweeter when you add a little salt.
Salt balances out the sweet taste and enhances/ brings out the flavor of chocolate.