Homemade Arrabbiata Sauce with fresh ingredients
( 2 pasta serving)Let's make oil-free healthy Arrabbiata sauce from scratch.This classic rich tomato sauce is traditionally used as a pasta sauce, but I've also used it on homemade pizza and other Italian dishes.
- 5 Red Tomatoes Fully Ripe Big
- 1 Onion small
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves big
- 1 tbsp Celery
- 1-2 Beetroot Slices for color
Herbs and Spices-
- 1/2 tbsp Oregano and Basil dry powder
- 4-5 Basil leaves fresh
- Himalyan salt to taste
- Chilly Powder to taste
Preparing tomato puree/paste-
- Wash and blanch the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- Cook at a simmer till the skin starts leaving the tomatoes.
- Please switch off the gas and let it cool down.
- Blend the tomatoes along with the water and make a puree.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, and celery.
- Dry roast the garlic, celery, and onion, cook for a while.
- Pour the ready tomato puree over it.
- Add the beetroot slice to the mixture.
- Now add spices, salt & pepper.
- Mix well and let the sauce cook at the slow flame for about 15 minutes, cover with the lid.
- Cook until you get the shine and rich deep red color.
- Let it become a thick paste/ your desired consistency.
- Taste the sauce, and season with any extra salt /or crushed red pepper flakes as needed.
*Take out the beetroot, once you are done with the cooking. It's for color only.
*If you like spicy sauce, add two dried red chilies to the tomatoes while cooking.
Blend them with the tomatoes.
* Use this versatile sauce for all Italian dishes, pasta, lasagna, baked dishes, Neapolitan spaghetti baked dish,
ravioli, gnocchi, dips, and sandwich spread, etc.
*Remain fresh for a week in the refrigerator.