Heavenly Carrot pudding ( Gajar ka halwa)
Dairy free,️ Oil free,️ Sugar free️ and Gut friendly
- 8 pc Medium size organic carrots
- 6-8 pc Soaked majdool dates
- 12-15 pc Soaked cashew
- 1 tbsp Cardamom powder
- 10-12 pc Raisins
- A Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 4-5 pc Roasted & silvered almonds
- Overnight soak the dates. Wash them 2-3 times and add fresh water (small quantity). *We will use this water to blend the dates to make the paste.
- Soak the cashew after washing them.
- Wash the raisins well and keep aside with few drops of water.
- Fine grate the carrots WITH THE SKIN and keep aside. (If not using organic then remove the skin.)
- Make the cardamom powder.
️ Date paste
- Deseed the dates and blend with the soaking water, add more if required.
- Blend un till you get thick creamy paste.
️ Cashew cream
- Wash the soaked cashews and blend with small amount of water.
- Blend un till you get the creamy smooth cream.
- Heat a sauce pan at slow flame, add the grated carrots to it. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook in its own water, keep on checking after few minutes and change the side with spatula.
- This is a simple way to cook without adding oil, while retaining the important nutrients, color and flavor.
- Once it looks shrink & cooked, add all the date paste (3-4tbs),cashew cream and rest of the ingredient.
- Mix well and cook for 5 more minutes. Test the sweetness and switch off the heat once it look dry and ready to serve.
- Garnish with silvered almonds.