Healthy Yellow mung lentil (dal)Soup
Dairy free ️Filling & satisfying soup
Ingredients ( 2 soup bowls)
- 1/2 cup Cup yellow mung lentil (Depending on how thick you like)
- 1 tbsp Finley Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Finley celery chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped capsicum/bell peppers for additional taste/crunch (optional)
- 1/8 tbsp turmeric powder (as per taste)
- 1/2 tbsp roasted cumin powder (as per taste)
- Salt & pepper (as per taste)
- Lemon juice to sprinkle
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Wash & rinse the dal (lentil)
- Soak the dal overnight/ for an hour
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 cups water, lentil & salt.
- Cook in the pressure cooker, switch off after one whistle.
Once cool down, blend the lentil &water until you get the creamy smooth texture.
- (If you want bit chunky, keep 1/4 cup cooked dal aside & blend the rest of it, mix in later in the saucepan)
️ Dry roast the garlic, onion & celery in a heated saucepan for 2 minutes.
- Pour the dal paste over it, mix well.
- Add salt, black pepper & cumin powder.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, add coriander leaves.
️Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Squeeze lemon juice before serving ( for better iron absorption & taste)
Calories in one soup bowl
- Yellow lentil90 caloriesRest2-4 calories= 95 calories approx