Fresh Home made Tomato ketchup
No preservative️, No artificial colour️, Just taste
Yield : 22 Oz/ 625 ml
- 6 pc big red fully ripe tomatoes
- 4 pc red dried chilies
- 2 cloves of Garlic fine chopped
- 1 tbsp fine chopped onion
- 1 tbsp organic White vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp raisins or more as per taste
- 2 slices of fresh beet root
- 1 tbsp himalayan Salt / as per taste
- Chop the tomatoes
- Fine chop garlic and onion.
- Wash the raisins and soak in little water.
- Add 1/2cup of water in a deep pan, add the tomatoes, beetroot slices and red chilies for 10-15 minutes. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour this cooked veggies in a blender, add raisins with their soaking water.Blend till you get the creamy purée.
- Dry roast garlic and onion for a 2-3 minutes, add vinegar in the salt and tomato purée.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes
- Pour in a clean glass container.
- Store in fridge, remain fresh for 7-10 days.
Know the ingredients of commercial Tomato ketchup
- Distilled vinegar- It is made from GMO corn
- The high fructose corn syrup- extremely unhealthy and toxic. It is produced from corn that has been genetically modified. Corn syrup increases the blood sugar levels and has been linked to obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, immune system, and more.
- Artificial color & flavor