Divine Date (double)
Divine Date (double)
Sugar & Dairy freeSuper healthy heavenly delight.
- 12 soaked Big soft Majdool dates.
- 6 dried big figs/anjeer or 8-10 small-sized dried figs
- 2 soaked & dried sunflower seeds
- 2 soaked & dried pumpkin seeds
- soaked & dried pistachio/any nut
- 1-2 fresh cardamom powder
- 1/4 Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup freshly made coconut butter(recipe on my page)
- 1-2 dried rose petals (For garnishing & adding in the mixture)
- 1-2 cardamom powder
- 2 cocoa powder ( more/ less as per taste)
- 1/4 or 1/2 Vanilla powder (as per taste)
- Thoroghly wash( 2-3 times) and soak the dates & figs separately overnight in little water.
- Wash the sunflower, pumpkin seeds & pistachio, and soak them separately in the water overnight.
- In the morning, strain and wash the seeds & nuts with fresh water.Spread them on a kitchen towel and dry them( Not super dry, do not use them wet)
- I soak the nuts & seeds 1-2 times a week; after soaking & straining, I transfer them to a glass container and store them in the fridge.
- I keep them open without the lid; they become super crisp & dry in a day.Always ready to use/ eat, stay fresh longer too.
- Do not throw the Date & fig's soaking water as it's sweet; add little water to soak them.
- Place the deseed dates in a pan, and add little soaking water.Chop the figs, and add them to the dates.Cook them at low flame for 10-15 minutes or until they look dry.
- Dry roast the seeds & nuts in another pan simultaneously until they look & feel dry.(Do not over-roast them)
- Once the mixture looks completely dry, add butter & mix well; cook for 5-7 minutes Now add seeds, nuts, & salt, and mix well.Switch off the heat.
Divide the mixture into two halves-
- Add cardamom powder + dried rose petals
- Add cocoa powder + vanilla powder.Mix them well, and transfer them to plates.
- Make a smooth dough with your hands & spread it on a baking tray( Place parchment/butter paper in a baking tray first)Sprinkle the petals on 1st mixture.
- Transfer the tray to the refrigerator for 2-3 hours/freezer (10-15 minutes)Once cool down, cut them into squares.
Remains fresh for 10-12 days or more in the refrigeratorEnjoy with your friends & family/gift to your loved ones.