Divine Apple pudding (Halwa)
Gluten free , ️Dairy free ️, Oil free , ️Gut friendly
- 1 big Red apple
- 1/2 cup Thick nut milk
- (cashew/almond/ coconut milk)
- 1 tbps Coconut butter
- 2 soaked Dates or as per taste
- 5-10 Raisins
- 5-7 strand Saffron
- 1 tbsp Cardamom powder
- 2 roasted almonds for
- Overnight soak the nut for home made nut milk
- Or use fresh coconut milk
- Wash and grate the Apple.
- Soak the saffron in a tbs of milk.
- Add coconut butter in a heated deep pan and once it start melting add apple and saffron/ soaked saffron milk.
- Cook at low flame for 10-15 minutes.Continue stirring the mixture.
️ When Apple start looking dry add the milk, raisins and chopped dates/ date paste.
️Stir continuously to avoid forming lumps.
️When the halwa/ pudding starts leaving the sides of the pan add cardamom powder. Stir it continuously.
️When the whole milk looks dried up, transfer the halwa/pudding in serving bowl.
Garnish with sliced/silvered roasted almonds and raisins.
Home made Nut milk
- Wash and soak the nuts
- (almond/ cashew )
- for 5-6 hrs/ overnight.
- Wash and blend with fresh water, until you get the creamy texture.