Delicious Carrot Peda
Sugar & Dairy free Healthy & with natural coloring
- 4 medium size carrots
- 1/4 cup freshly made coconut butter (Search recipe in the dairy alternative section)
- 1 or 1 + 1/2 cups raisins (as per taste)
- cup of any soaked almond/ cashew/ melon seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 steamed beetroot with 1tbs of boiling water
- 1/2 cup roasted lotus seed powder
- cardamom powder
- 1/4 of Himalayan salt
- 1-2 of food-grade organic rose water
- Garnishing Roasted cashews, cut into halves.
- Grate the carrots, and dry roast at slow heat with a closed lid for 10-15 minutes/ until water evaporates.
- Chop and steam the beetroot till it becomes soft.(Blend with little water to make a smooth paste.)
- In a blender/mixer, add a choice of soaked nuts, raisins, water, cardamom & salt.Blend to make a smooth & creamy paste.
- Add beetroot paste to this, mix well & cook.
- Add coconut butter to the mixture & cook for a few minutes until the mixture looks dried up.
- Dry roast the lotus seeds in a pan; once cooled down, grind them to make powder.(Add the powder to the mixture.Mix well, and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes at slow flame until the mixture starts to leave the edges & looks dry.)
- Add rose water for flavor, and cook for a minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide plateLet it cool down for an hour & transfer it to the refrigerator for 3-4 hrs/ overnight.
- Once cool down, give them desired shape & garnish.Serve with love/ gift to friends & family.
Peda can stay fresh for around a week in the refrigerator.
If you want longer shelf life, in that case, use dry nuts/ seeds powder & raisins.
Food color/ dyes are potentially toxic for humans.
It can cause cancer, asthma, eczema, insomnia, and hyperactivity in children.