Creamy Dairy free Sour cream
Very light & delicious️, Versatile️, Easy on stomach️, Super easy and quick to make
Prep and blending -10 min.
Yield- 120 gm/ml/5oz
- 1/2 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1/3 cup water or less
- 1 -2 tbsp lemon juice or as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tbsp mustard powder
- Powerful blender
- Night before/ 4-5 hours
- Soak the cashew in fresh water, add a pinch of salt/squeeze of lemon to the water.
- Drain and rinse the cashew, until the water runs clear.
- In a blender, add all the above ingredients along with water.
- Blend until you get the smooth and creamy texture.
- Add water slowly and as per the need. (Do not make it a runny cream)
- Taste and add more salt/lemon juice if you need extra tang and flavour.
- You can serve immediately or let it cool down in the fridge and serve later.
- It will thicken up after a day, you can add little water if you need.
- Garnish with basil leaves or spring onion (optional)
- ️ Store in refrigerator, stay fresh for 4-5 days