Creamy Brown rice pudding
- Dairy free
- Sugar free
- 1-11/2 cup Brown rice
- 1-2 cup Coconut milk thick paste
- Date paste as per taste
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 tbsp Cardamom powder
- 5-8 strands Saffron
- 2 tbsp Cashew cream (optional)
- Roasted almond chopped
- Water to boil the rice.
- Overnight soak the rice.
- 15-20 minutes In the morning wash them well and pressure cook .
- They should look very soft and well cooked.
- 1 cup Once cooked and cooked, blend boiled rice, cardamom powder and saffron with water.
- Now pour this paste back to the pot of cooked rice.
- Add more water to make it liquid like consistency.
- 30 minute Cook it at low heat add cardamom and saffron.
- Now blend fresh coconut and soaked cashew with water, to make the thick creamy milk. Pour this to the rice, mix well.
- In 5 minutes add date paste to the rice, mix well and switch it off.
- Once cool down store the ready pudding in the fridge.
- Garnish with roasted and silvered almonds while serving.